Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Why won't Youtube play videos for me?

The thing will come up but it doesn't have the play/pause option things or anything. It's just a black screen. I'm using Internet Explorer btw.. someone told me to use Firefox? I really don't know. I do have the latest flashplayer, I've tried that. What is the problem? D: Oh and it's been like this for a couple of weeks, so I don't think it's because of Youtube changing.Why won't Youtube play videos for me?First and foremost: try pressing %26quot;F5%26quot; or hitting the %26quot;Refresh%26quot; icon. More often than

not, that will actually resolve the problem. If not, get ready for a really long answer:



Because many YouTubers are asking about %26quot;blank%26quot; or %26quot;black%26quot;

screens/players, I recently took 2 hours googling/researching

and reading dozens of help forums %26amp; discussion threads. The

best that I was able to come up with is that there's no perfect

solution out there. However, there was an interesting factor in

nearly everything I came across: %26quot;FIREFOX%26quot;.



A few people seemed to discover their own unique solution to

this problem, but no one else in those forums could duplicate

the same result. Also, every one of those supposed solutions

was terribly complicated (written in such convoluted bafflegab

%26quot;techno-computerese%26quot;) that I wouldn't dare recommend those

potential fixes to anybody.



If you want to follow in my footsteps and see everything that I

was reading, type any of the following in Google's search box:

? youtube %26quot;blank screen%26quot;

? youtube %26quot;blank player%26quot;

? youtube %26quot;blank box%26quot;

? youtube %26quot;black screen%26quot;

? youtube %26quot;black player%26quot;

? youtube %26quot;black box%26quot;



Rather than follow everybody else's crappy recommendations,

here's my best advice -- which has helped 100s of YouTubers.



Empty your cache of its %26quot;Cookies%26quot;, %26quot;History%26quot; and %26quot;Temporary

Internet Files%26quot;. My %26quot;CHTIF%26quot; solution has resolved hundreds of

YouTubers' problems. Just do the following, shutdown, reboot:



Internet Explorer 6:

→ Tools → Internet Options

→ Delete Cookies → OK

→ Delete Files → OK

→ Clear History → Yes

→ OK



Internet Explorer 7:

→ Tools → Internet Options → Delete...

→ Delete files → Yes

→ Delete cookies → OK

→ Delete history → OK

→ Close (browsing history window)

→ OK



Internet Explorer 8:

→ Tools → Delete Browsing History

[. ] Preserve Favorites (leave blank)

[x] Temporary Internet files

[x] Cookies

[x] History

→ Delete



The only other idea I can think of is that you have a corrupted

flash player. The most recent versions of Flash are frustrating

lots of YouTubers. Updates are typically good for only 1 thing:

software conflicts. If you're using 1 of the 16 different versions

of Flash 10 (yes there are 16), you may want to look at these

Askers' feedback comments to other %26quot;Best Answers%26quot; of mine:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?…

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?…

(Although Flash 9 works dandy with YouTube, it might not on

some other sites which may ''insist'' that you install Flash 10).



If you are able to determine the %26quot;cause%26quot; and %26quot;cure%26quot; of this big

problem, could you please click my avatar, and let me know?



P.S.: three %26quot;Askers%26quot; who chose me as Best Answer wrote to

me afterwards saying that things seemed alright the next day

and that they didn't do anything at all. But I suspect that they

either followed my advice somewhat or possibly tweaked with

a few things. Also keep in mind that most %26quot;Torrents%26quot;, %26quot;Instant

Messengers%26quot;, and every stupid %26quot;Video Accelerator%26quot; under the

sun also conflict with YouTube.



I hope my info and different potential solutions are helpful 2 U.Why won't Youtube play videos for me?When in doubt, try a different browser. Firefox is a free alternative browser, and I am fairly sure it is the most used internet browser in the world. You might like it a lot, it's very good. Just go to mozilla.com and hit the big green download button there, then run the installation.





mozilla firefox is the full name of the browser.Why won't Youtube play videos for me?ITs because you are wearing too much metal. This happened to me when i put my metal chains on, its because its interfering with the internet signal, even if you are using a cord. Try taking all metal off, if you have braces - that's ok. take glasses off, take your phone/radios/lights away from the computer,