Monday, September 19, 2011

How Do I Turn YouTube's Widescreen Off!?

Ugh I hate youtube's widescreen. I joined youtube back in 2006, left 2007 and came back recently. WTF is up with the huge black borders on my videos? It makes them look so weird. I really don't like it...it just looks..fat and weird. Now I lack the ability to make videos 16:9, since the recorder I use for recording my games and my video handling method do not support the 16:9 format, only normal 4:3. At first I thought you could just go into account settings and change it but for all I know I can't. A lot of people have this problem and my friends hate it. I mean couldn't youtube of just made it so the video is cropped to it's original aspect ratio so you don't get those stupid looking big black borders on your videos? I mean so it doesn't HAVE to be in widescreen not to look weird. OK so if you know like any way I can change it please tell because it's making my videos look as if they're squashed up in some huge rectangle. I'm sick of youtube changing..it's so different from when I joined back in 2006 and they messed up bad...yea if there is ANY solution to this please tell meHow Do I Turn YouTube's Widescreen Off!?I don't think that is possible any longer....How Do I Turn YouTube's Widescreen Off!?You need to be a YouTube %26quot;partner%26quot; in order to have a choice

of Flash player sizes.



If you'd like your uploaded videos to be %26quot;zoomed-in%26quot; such that

that they fill the entire 16:9 wide-screen, all you need to do is

add %26quot;yt:crop=16.9%26quot; as a tag to your video, and it will get rid of

the black borders surrounding your videos.



%26quot;yt:stretch=16:9%26quot; fixes any squished look.



Here is YouTube's reference about it in their blog of April 30th:



http://www.youtube.com/blog?entry=Lsn9Bn
  • meet people in
  • hair cut styles
  •