Monday, September 19, 2011

How do i go about getting a restraining order in Michigan?

My once %26quot;best friend%26quot; has been harrassing me, trying to hack into my email/my myspace and Has already hacked into my youtube, changing my videos and deleting others.



** A Few weeks ago, she came over and assaulted me in front of two/possibly three witnesses. I didnt press charges and i went to the police station and they said i shouldnt press charges, that a restraining order would be the best way to solve things.



I havent done it yet because my boyfriend is close with %26quot;Person%26quot; and i didnt want to ruin their friendship, despite what she's done to me.



even now, she talks to my friends to %26quot;lurk me%26quot; and %26quot;keep tabs on me%26quot;

she comes over on ocassion to %26quot;visit%26quot; my boyfriend and hang out with him, even though she knows i live here.



Recently i found out, shes been going through my mail and i have a witness to the event. [i used to live with her, so all my mail gets directed there] but since i moved in with my boyfriend, she hasnt given me ANY of my mail. even though i've asked for it numerous times



what do i do?How do i go about getting a restraining order in Michigan?Restraining orders can be obtained at your local courthouse. This is usually done at the clerk or courts. You fill out an information packet, and you have a hearing before a judge, who determines if the order is necessary.